Tuesday, December 13, 2011

This Past Weekend

Day 1 Well the 1st day started on a bad note. As I stepped out of the car to get ready to hit the water, I noticed, SH*T! I forgot my waders! Really? How can you forget your waders while going steelhead fishing? You dumb*ss Mario! After a quick ride over to a local baitshop I grabbed some $40 hip-boots. I wasn't going to let it ruin my day! Anyway, the bottom line is that I will never live this one down, and Alan has ammunition to bust my balls for at least a year. But don't worry, I didn't forget who got the skunk..I set off to the water with my "Russian waders" on, if anyone gets the joke, wink wink.
The first fish soon came to hand, gotta love those tailouts in cold weather!

                                                       Hey, you like my waders? HAHA
Day 2  With the river still dropping we headed to a spot farther upstream. The day started off good with dad hitting a fish on the first stop. With our heads up, we fished on, hoping for a good day. We soon took a peace of humble pie. Most of the day was a big dry period. For me it was snag. tangle, breakoff, etc. Not loosing hope we went back downstream to hear that my dad hooked a few.




Jeremy didn't give up and brought to hand this nice female. Finally got your eggs!

Not giving up I kept fishing, Finally I saw my float disappear,fish on! After a hearty fight in cold water, I got a hen of my own.

 A fine Oncorhynchus mykiss specimen of 28 inches.


 Little did I know I had a magnificent surprise awaiting me.....Sorry to do this but you will have to stay tuned for this story.

Day 3  I went to the darkside and took some dust off the spinning rod. I quickly hit a fish on my second drift-This drop back hen.
                               90% of the fish this day were Dark, with only one bright skipper.

Stay tuned...................................Mario

No comments:

Post a Comment